Secure Swiss Data adheres to the principles set out by the Dr. Ann Cavoukian and the Institute and complies with Privacy by Design
Toronto, Canada, February, 7th, 2017 – Our efforts in preserving people’s privacy online led us to meet with one the most renowned person in the world of Privacy, Dr. Ann Cavoukian, the creator of Privacy by Design – unanimously adopted as an international framework for privacy and data protection in 2010; now translated into 38 languages.
Our VP of Business, David Bruno, had a meeting with Ann, where they discussed our efforts in adopting the Privacy by Design principles in our operation and our services and how we can contribute and partner with the Institute.
We put all our forces to build our platform from the ground up to ensure data security and reliability, in order to meet all Privacy by Design requirements:
- Privacy must be incorporated into networked data systems and technologies, by default.
- Privacy must become integral to organizational priorities, project objectives, design processes, and planning operations.
- Privacy must be embedded into every standard, protocol and process that touches our lives.
What is the Institute?
Dr. Ann Cavoukian of The Privacy and Big Data Institute (PBDI) at Ryerson University is an academic-industry trailblazer and organization that pursues and promotes research, innovation, and commercialization in the fields of privacy, security, and data analytics. Their mission includes exploring and developing policy and technical solutions to challenges in areas such as Privacy by Design, the Internet of Things, Big Data, Encryption, Biometrics, Surveillance, Cybersecurity and Cybercrime.
Topics of discussion
The meeting was very insightful. We learned that Dr. Ann Cavoukian was the former Ontario Privacy Commissioner and has now dedicated her career to offer, through the Privacy and Big Data Institute at Ryerson University in Toronto Canada, a complete range of privacy solutions and insights for e-commerce and general industry.
Topics on global regulations and trends were discussed:
- How to implement privacy policies, using privacy-enhancing technologies such as those offered by Secure Swiss Data,
- The impact of Google style data collection and marketing, and
- The need for creating a Chief Privacy Officers in companies and their roles and responsibilities.
As an outcome of the meeting is both parties got mutual support in continuous action for privacy protection, where we agreed to
- Coordinate and promote future articles and white papers created on the Preserving Privacy subject.
- Continuous adhering to the principles set out by the Ann and the institute
- Participate in direct research on any Security and Privacy subject.
Just as Ann and the Institute, Secure Swiss Data believes that privacy is an essential prerequisite of civil liberties and human rights. No one should be allowed to snoop around our private thoughts, and no global advertising organisation should be able to profit from data mining our communications.
Privacy is not about having something to hide, it’s about the right to control what you want to share and what you want to keep to yourself.
About Secure Swiss Data
Secure Swiss Data, operating from Switzerland, provides encrypted email and data services. All data is stored exclusively in Switzerland and is protected by a unique combination of services, laws, operational principles, and technology.